Cycology is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information and data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Cycology Clothing Pty Limited ("we") of 30 Ogilvy Road, Clontarf, NSW, 2093, Australia.
Personal information is defined in the Regulation and is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples include an individual's name, address, contact number and email address.
By visiting cycologygear.eu (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Cycology Clothing may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT?
In conducting our business, we may sometimes need to disclose personal information to third parties. These include, where appropriate, our related bodies corporate and third parties that provide services to us, including third parties that provide our payment gateway, marketing, logistics and technology support services.
It being understood that said service providers are bound by contract to the confidentiality as well as the respect of the laws in force concerning the protection of your Personal Data.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties and for other purposes where we are required or authorised by or under law to do so (including where you have provided your consent).
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- cookie information when you visit our website (see more information on cookies below)
If you purchase our products and services, we will ask you for personal information (at the time of collection, we will explain what information is required to provide the product or service and what information you may voluntarily provide), for example :
- Your mailing address, email, phone and payment details when you order in our online store to process the purchase and to facilitate the product delivery;
- Your e-mail address and first name, when you register for one of our newsletters;
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide you with the products and shipping services that you request from us
- if you have consented to be on our mailing list, then to provide you, with information about products or promotions we feel may interest you. You can unsubscribe at any time from this mailing list.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We use cookie information to market new products and promotions to you on email, Meta and Instagram
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our eCommerce platform is Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a location outside the Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers as sub-processors of the data. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the processing of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support and marketing services.
Our sub-processors we use are:
- Shopify Inc - Cloud Hosting, Transaction Processing, Encryption
- E-Commerce Fulfilment Ltd - Logistics
- Klaviyo - Email
- Google LLC - Web Analytics
- Overdose Pty Ltd - Google Marketing
- Meta Inc - Social, Marketing
- Paypal - Transaction Processing
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
WEBSITE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our websites including the sending of one or more cookies or similar tools to your device.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file containing information that can be remembered by your web browser that can be stored on your computer when you visit a web page. Cookies are used to help you navigate the website to customise information shown to you based on your browsing preferences. Cookies do not harm your computer and cannot carry viruses. The cookies we use don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details.
- collect analytics data about the performance of our websites and to improve the user experience for the visitor.
- personalise web pages during your visit to our websites. For example when we display the products that you have previously clicked on during your visit or the items you have added to your cart.
- improve the relevancy of ads on Google, Meta and other websites; this is called remarketing.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how.
How to delete your browser cookies - Google Chrome
- Click the menu button on the right of your address bar and go to Settings then at the bottom of the page “Show advanced settings..”
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Tick the boxes that you want to apply and then Clear browsing data to confirm.
How to delete your browser cookies - Internet Explorer
- Select Tools, Internet Options and on the General Tab, select the Delete button.
- Tick the boxes that you want to apply. The Click Delete, Apply & OK buttons.
How to delete your browser cookies - Safari
- To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.
- In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.
How to delete your browser cookies - Firefox
- Select Tools and then Options to get to your settings.
- Click Privacy and then remove individual cookies. You can then select to delete individual cookies or all cookies on your browser.
You can also find more information on cookies and your rights at www.youronlinechoices.eu
GOOGLE ANALYTICS TRACKING
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses cookie to allow an analysis of your use of the website, such as:
- your IP address;
- the date and time of the visit and how long you remained on our website;
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come);
- the pages visited on our website; and
- information about the device and browser (such as, browser type and version, operating system, etc).
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for website operators and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties, if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of the data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
COLLECTING INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our products are not designed for or directed to children under the age of 16. We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is under the age of 16.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives rights to identified or identifiable persons (referred to as data subjects), including buyers visiting our site. These include:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of personal data by us;
- the right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of the personal information;
- the right to data portability (obtaining a copy of the personal data to re-use with another service or organization);and
- the right to object to us using the personal information for particular purposes
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, how to exercise your rights or about our privacy statement you are welcome to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org